by naomiberg Investigator
Investigator

Calls abroad not working

I have only just switched to EE - my number was ported on 5 April. Since 6 April I have been abroad in the EU, and I am already having lots of problems. Although I have been able to phone through to family's Belgian mobile numbers, I am unable to get through to my husband's UK mobile, nor am I able to call +447953966150 so I have not been able to get any help at all. I am really relying on being able to keep in contact with family and friends while out here, so this has been incrediby frustrating - so soon after switching to EE as well.

The second issue I am having is that since registering my email with EE, I have been stuck at the registering my number stage so I am unable to check my balance/charges either online or through the app. Both prompt me to register my number with EE, I am then taken to a page asking whether I pay the bill for this account, when I click 'Yes' I am simply taken back to the page where I have to enter the mobile number again and it goes round and round in circles like this. This means that I have no idea of the fees I have racked up so far on calls (or failed calls!) while abroad this week.

Please can someone help with this ASAP...

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: Calls abroad not working

Update: I texted "ROAMING" to 150 and got a reply to confirm that my phone is already set up for roaming, but that I may need to restart my phone for it to work. I did this, and am now able to call any number. I called Customer Services and was able to have the registration issue resolved by them as well, so all is now working as it should. Thanks for your help!

15 REPLIES 15
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @naomiberg,

Welcome to the community,

Did you make sure that roaming was activated before you went abroad? You have only just joined EE, so this could be why you have not been able to log in yet.

Have you taken a look at this page:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/EE-Roaming-Getting-ready-to-use-your-phone-abroad/td-p/532570

You can always use a landline to ring EE to get this activated and checked out.

We cannot check your account, the only way is to contact customer service. I was going to say that if you are a personal contract customer, then log-in to your account and when the live chat comes up and if someone is around, they will be able to help.

You could go to shop and see if the chat comes up, but will now have to wait until tomorrow, as there will be no-one to help you.

Investigator

Thanks for your reply. When I was travelling I did call EE and got to the Roaming menu where I was told "Good news, your phone is already set up to work abroad" so I thought this would be OK. Also, some calls (to Belgian numbers) do work, just not the ones I try to make to UK numbers or the 150 (long version for calling from abroad)

Investigator

As for going to shop to access chat, I can't seem to do even that until my account is registered properly, and EE isn't letting me do that (see second issue described in my original post)

I don't know what else I can do, I am here for another 2 weeks so having to wait until I am back in UK to call 150 is not really a satisfactory option for me...

Investigator
Solution

Update: I texted "ROAMING" to 150 and got a reply to confirm that my phone is already set up for roaming, but that I may need to restart my phone for it to work. I did this, and am now able to call any number. I called Customer Services and was able to have the registration issue resolved by them as well, so all is now working as it should. Thanks for your help!

by
EE Community Support Team

Fabulous news @naomiberg

Thank you for sharing the good news 🙂

Have a wonderful Sunday and we hope to see you in community again soon 🙂

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Daniel120 Investigator
Investigator

Hi my EE number went offline this morning I buy local carrier number but my iPhone 6 doesn't support it "I'm in Greece on holidays " any ideas how can I fix it? xx

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Daniel120

I have replied to your previous post.

Thanks 🙂

by robpears Investigator
Investigator

I wish this had worked for me. I can't call any U.K. Numbers from the US.

by
EE Employee

Good Morning @robpears

Thanks for coming to the Community! Smiley Happy

Can you receive calls OK?

Do you hear a message when you try and make a call?

Speak soon.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by robpears Investigator
Investigator

I have not had anyone call me, I was able to make calls fine before my number was ported. But since it was ported the calls just go dead they don't even ring or give a message. Data and texts work fine.

by
EE Employee

Thanks for getting back to me @robpears

Did your port fully complete before you left the UK?

Have you tried a manual network selection?

by robpears Investigator
Investigator

It did not as I was flying the day after purchasing the contract. I cannot connect to any of the networks in the manual carrive selection screen. Just the automatic one which connects me to t-mobile.

by
EE Employee

Hi @robpears

It sounds like the port hasn't been able to fully complete.

When was the port supposed to complete?

by robpears Investigator
Investigator

I received a text yesterday morning at 04:05 East coast time saying that the number transfer had commenced and another at 07:30 East Coast time stating that the transfer had been completed.

by
EE Employee

Good morning @robpears

It may be delayed because you're abroad.

Have you had the phone turned off at all?

If not please turn it off for 2 hours then reboot.

This can sometimes help push the updates through.

If it's still not working please let me know.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.