by andyplumber Investigator
Investigator

Calls USA to uk

Why can’t I make call from the USA to UK 

i have  reset network selected different networks to piggy back off and none of them will allow me to make calls even though I have purchased roaming and talk and text, this is a business contract and I need to make phone calls 

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Calls USA to uk

Can your receive calls, send & receive texts or use data?

Did you activate roaming on your MyEE a/c before you left? Presumably not. Having a roaming allowance does not auto enable it. You may still be able to in your online a/c under Manage Devices. If not, you will need to call EE. Use the landline nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@andyplumber  Do you have a signal showing on the device ? if you do and you can not make a international call you’ll need to login in to your EE online account and enable international and premium rate number.   

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @andyplumber

I hope you're having a brilliant time in the USA so far. 🙂 

Please try the steps mentioned above and switch international calls on within your My EE account.

Also, may be worth trying a different available network:

Device type Steps
Apple Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF
Android Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
Windows Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Let us know how you're getting on.

Chris

Investigator

Investigator

Just got of the cruise ship and back in Florida not been able to use the mobile phone in any of the countries who have visited, still can’t call home to let family know we are ok, every network keeps saying not authorised to make this call I’ve text 150 world 3 times and I’m getting charged £5 add on for USA. Calls a day for a phone I can’t use, only 11 months into a contract but I think I’ll be cancelling this is not fit for purpose, plus I think the reason EE network won’t work as I’ve found out EE haven’t paid the bill to USA network providers well done EE/BT your a shambles 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @andyplumber

Thanks for coming here.

You may need to activate roaming and international calls in your My EE account.

To do this can you log into your My EE account online and go to Menu > Manage Device > Roaming and Call Abroad and Premium Rate.

If this is not showing as ticked, can you activate this within your My EE?

This can take up to 24 hours to update for you. 

You will also have an option to chat within your My EE account if the above doesn't work for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Leanne.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.