by Marsellas187 Investigator
Investigator

Calling from usa

Hi, I'm currently in the USA on a max plan. I've been assigned AT&T as a network but it won't let me call UK numbers. Any ideas?

The  tells me automated message to call 611 for customer service but when I do it tells me to contact my service provider.

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Calling from usa

@Marsellas187  Login to your online EE account and enable call abroad and premium rate numbers then restart the device. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Marsellas187

Welcome to the community. I hope you are having a fantastic time in the USA so far. 😄

It's really important to check the settings in your My EE account that @Chris_B mentioned above. Any changes in there can take up to 24 hours to go through fully.

If you're still having problems, please try manually connecting to a different network, to see if you get the same problem.

Device type Actions
iPhone Settings > Mobile Data > Network Selection > Turn off Automatic
Android Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
Windows Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Thanks

Chris

Investigator

Hi Chris, I've tried switching the calls abroad/premium block off several times now. Waited 24hrs but then when it doesn't change I log back in and blocked is switched back on.

Also there are no other networks that will connect here. I would call EE but that is the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks

by

OK thanks, @Marsellas187?

Can you receive calls?

Chris

Investigator

Yes I can receive calls and text but can't return either. Data works. I was also able to make a local call to a US number ok.

Thanks

by

OK thanks, @Marsellas187

I've sent you a private message to get some information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.