by sandraEE01
Visitor

Calling from usa

Hello I’m trying to call the uk from USA. It says service is restricted even to the customer service number. I called 150 before came on holiday and was told my iPhone SE was ok for international calls but now I can’t use it.  I’ve switched it off and on and don’t know what to do next.  Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Calling from usa

If on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK?

Try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @sandraEE01.

Welcome to the community, I hope you're having a great time in the states!

Have you been able to follow the advice from @XRaySpeX?

Speak soon, 

Katie

Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Katie_B @XRaySpeX  I would assume seeing as @sandraEE01 rung CS before leaving asking about this that the advisor would have enabled it.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @BrendonH

Yes your right that should be the case, however it's something I would recommend checking if roaming is not working so we can rule out what could be affecting this. 

Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@BrendonH : I don't assume! I check! OP said he was told his phone was OK for US. That doesn't in itself say whether his EE a/c was set-up for US. I know CS should cover all aspects but you never know & I certainly don't.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@XRaySpeX I didnt assume I read the OPs posts.

Thanks.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.