by PRestonidiot
Visitor

Calling fails in Sweden

I’m traveling in the EU and originally I had no problems calling when I was in Bergen Norway. But when I got to Oslo I found that I couldn’t text but since I didn’t need to urgently text anyone I brushed it aside. Now I’m in stockholm Sweden and I have to make a call but everytime I call the number, the call fails (a beep followed by an abrupt end almost immediately after dialing the number). I have the EE app and it shows I have unlimited minutes and 240 more on top of that. I’ve tried turning my phone off and on again, even chaining the local carrier but to no avail. However I can call 150 and the other EE customer service numbers but just not Swedish numbers. When I called 150 the only options were to top up my account which I don’t need. How can I fix this?

1 REPLY 1
by
EE Employee

Re: Calling fails in Sweden

Hi @PRestonidiot and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

iPhone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.