by jfberry Investigator
Investigator

Calling a local freefone number while roaming?

I'm off to Australia in a few weeks and while I'm there I need to join a conference call. All work and no play!

I have a local dial-in number which is an Australian freefone number.

If I call that from my EE mobile while I'm there is this chargeable, or is this free? (Since it is free locally).

I understand calling the UK freefone number would not be free.

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Calling a local freefone number while roaming?

Good Evening @jfberry

Welcome to the community. 

It's safe to say I am very jealous even though you may need work, I'm sure the weather will be better than the UK at the moment!

Are you on a MAX Plan starting on or after the 10th May 2017?

Speak soon, Katie 🙂

by jfberry Investigator
Investigator

It's all work, work, work.

Except maybe the odd beer and barbecue!

No, I'm not on a max plan. It is a business account but I'm a sole trader so I may be able to change my package if I need to (I only to non-EU countries infrequently though)

by Grand Master
Grand Master

AS you are not on a Max Plan the call will be chargeable.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If you have wifi, you can call UK and USA freephone numbers for free via Skype. Most conferencing systems have global dial in numbers or just trying googling the one you have and see what comes up? Or even try a Taiwan: +886 80 free number if there's one?

The quality may not be great, but it's free!

by jfberry Investigator
Investigator

There is an Australian free number which I wondered if it would be free for that reason.

I'll have to grab a pay as you go sim, or try skype or my sipgate account

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No calls to Oz nos are free if you are not on a Max Plan.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.