by Liam_W Investigator
Investigator

Calling US numbers while roaming in USA - Inclusive?

Hi,

Looking at the EE roaming information for the USA, it states that new (post May 2017) Max plans have inclusive calls and texts to the EE Europe Zone.

The EE Europe Zone has an asterisk, and attached to said asterisk it has a list of countries in the EE Europe Zone.

It also states that 'New Max Plans from the 10th May 2017 include the above plus Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and USA.'. Does this mean that calls and texts to USA numbers will be inclusive while I'm in the USA? Becuase that's definitely what the page implies...

Liam

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Calling US numbers while roaming in USA - Inclusive?

Hi and welcome to the community @Liam_W

Calls to local and national American numbers are included in the new max plans.

Hope this helps 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

8 REPLIES 8
by
EE Employee
Solution

Hi and welcome to the community @Liam_W

Calls to local and national American numbers are included in the new max plans.

Hope this helps 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

by Liam_W Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Lee_H, thanks for the reply 🙂

Is this only when roaming in the USA, or is it at all times? My allowances do say 'UK, EU & select countries minutes - Unlimited minutes'.

Liam

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Liam_W

Thanks for getting back to @Lee_H

Please take a look at our EE Roaming - Using your allowance abroad support article?

Let me know if that helps

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Liam_W Investigator
Investigator

@Richard_C how is that going to answer my question? Please re-read and understand it, and then tell me how you'd expect that it'd answer it.

Thanks,

Liam

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What do you mean by "all times"? Are you meaning "all places"?

With a Max Plan you may call nos. in the UK, the EU & the 5 other non-EU countries, incl USA, from anywhere in the EU (outside UK) & the 5 other non-EU countries. It has no bearing on calls from UK which are classed as International calls & are always chargeable.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Liam_W  You can call US numbers while in the US and you can call EU numbers while in the EU you can not call US or EU numbers while in the UK as your not roaming when in the UK.  

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You can also call any number within any of your roaming zones whilst you are roaming as well.

i.e. USA to EU whilst roaming in the US for example.

This is the whole stupidity of EE’s system in that calls abroad (to the USA for example) whilst you are back in the U.K. are not included, but they are when you are roaming!!!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Liam_W

I can see you've had some brilliant answers overnight.

Please let us know if you need any more help. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.