Highlighted
by
Explorer

Calling UK from Thailand

I have tried 0044 and also 00144 and omitted the 0 from the mobile number neither work from my EE sim when sending an SMS regards David 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Calling UK from Thailand

Do you have PAYG credit to make calls & texts while roaming? As it is not in EU, you cannot use your usual allowances there but will need to pay the charges as set out in https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/thaila... .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DFS

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Do you have a contract or pay as you go SIM?

We'll do our best to help you.

Chris

Highlighted
by
Explorer

PAYG regards David

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @DFS

Did you use the SIM card in the UK before you travelled abroad?

Chris

Highlighted
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@DFS the numbers for the UK are either 0044 or +44 not 00144, but you should have activated and used the SIM card here in the UK first for it to work abroad as @Christopher_G  has written.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Do you have PAYG credit to make calls & texts while roaming? As it is not in EU, you cannot use your usual allowances there but will need to pay the charges as set out in https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/thaila... .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions