by abhamm_
Explorer

Calling Canadian numbers while in Canada?

I'm a Canadian who's going to the UK for uni and I was confused as to how the roaming works. I saw a plan that said data, calls, and texting are free in Canada (among many other locations). I know that mean I can text make calls to the UK for free, but does it also mean I can call Canadian numbers while I'm there for free as well? Or does that count as international calling? The plan expires in 2 days so I'd appreciate if you guys could help me out. Thank you so much!

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Employee

Re: Calling Canadian numbers while in Canada?

Hi @abhamm_ and welcome to the community.

You would get calls when in Canada free of charge to Canadian numbers, you would not get calls free to Canada when in UK.

Many thanks,

Lee

by abhamm_
Explorer

Thanks! I have another question. Would my Canadian friends be charged for international calling if they called my number while I was roaming in Canada? Or would it count as a local call

by
EE Employee

Hi @abhamm_

it would class as an international call as they would be ringing a UK number.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Calls & texts from UK to Canada from a UK no. are International calls, not roaming, & are chargeable. You can get cheaper-than-standard International calls & texts from UK by texting CALL ABROAD to 150.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.