by Chris991
Explorer

Call barring

I am on PAYG roaming in Cyprus.  All outgoing calls barred and I cannot change this, please help

[mod edit: please do not post personal information such as phone numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Chris991
Explorer
Solution

Re: Call barring

Richard

thanks for your support.  I was in touch with EE who changed some setting and also added £1 as they thought my credit balance of zero may have had a bearing.  I was able to make outgoing calls for a while, then back to square one.  I saw that the automatically selected carrier was MTN.  I took auto carrier selection off and manually selected Cytamobile-Vodafone/EE and that seems to have done the trick.  

Thanks

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Chris991

Thanks for coming here 🙂

Have you tried switching the phone on and off again?

Also, have you tried a manual network search?

How do I do a manual network search?

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF

• Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK

• Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

If you are close to the border with Northern Cyprus, please be careful not to accidently access a Turkish network.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Chris991
Explorer
Solution

Richard

thanks for your support.  I was in touch with EE who changed some setting and also added £1 as they thought my credit balance of zero may have had a bearing.  I was able to make outgoing calls for a while, then back to square one.  I saw that the automatically selected carrier was MTN.  I took auto carrier selection off and manually selected Cytamobile-Vodafone/EE and that seems to have done the trick.  

Thanks

Chris

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Chris991

Glad you got this sorted 🙂

Have a great time.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.