by Rvasey8 Investigator
Investigator

Call barring password

I'm overseas and can't call out to cancel credit cards. Not had this issue previously, phone is asking for a password that I do not have.

8 REPLIES 8
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Call barring password

Hello @Rvasey8 the PIN2/call barring code is set to 1111 by default for EE SIM cards. 🙂

Be careful! You only get three attempts to enter the PIN2 code correctly or the service will block and you will have to call customer service for your PUK2 code to continue. 

by Rvasey8 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the help, unfortunately I had already tried more than three times and can't call out to contact customer services. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Rvasey8 unless you are able to call customer service on +447953 966 250 from another phone (lines open 8am UK time) for your PUK2 code there is no other way to obtain it I am sorry. Please not entering the PUK2 code wrong ten times will permanently block the service/SIM completely requiring you to get a replacement SIM card once this has happened. 

Unlike your PUK1 code this cannot be viewed online through MYEE>manage device.  🙂

by Rvasey8 Investigator
Investigator

An uncontactable communication company, how funny...

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Rvasey8 if you have a Skype account you may be able to use the freephone number 0800 956 6000 apart from that you would need to call from an alternative phone. 🙂

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Rvasey8 Your puk code should be in your my EE account online under manage my device 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Damienw1 as mentioned above only the PUK1 code is available to view online through MYEE>manage device, not the PUK2 code which is different. 🙂

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Profile closed Yes sorry my mistake 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.