by Simonk243 Investigator
Investigator

Call, Text and data costs from non e.u. European country to u.k.

What are the costs for calls, text and data from a non e.u. European country to the u.k. specifically Montenegro if the costs vary. Looked on ee.co.uk but as usual impossible to find this sort of info. 

Thanks. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Call, Text and data costs from non e.u. European country to u.k.

https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/monten...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/monten...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Simonk243

Yes is very hard to search "roaming costs"

I searched for you just to ensure you here.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Simonk243

Thanks for coming here.

If you type in the country you are visiting within the EE Roaming costs tool, you will be able to view the costs and add-on's available.

Full information can be found on our EE Roaming: Getting ready to use your phone abroad post.

Hope you have an amazing time 🙂

Investigator

£1.80 a minute to make calls unbelievable ! I'm going to be staying a few miles from Croatia an e.u. country where I can use my calls and data allowance. I can understand charging customers outside their allowance or if not in the e.u. but not that much.

Can I make calls over Wi-Fi abroad or are these restricted?  

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Sorry, no, as you will still be charged, but you can use something like Skype or Viber to make calls, so long as you make sure you have credit with them, you can also see how much it will cost you to make the calls using these sort of apps too.

Wifi calling is only available in the UK and with the right phone, but if you make a call that is chargeable then you would still have to pay. Not sure how you were thinking it would be cheaper over Wifi, it would still be the same, although with one of those apps, it would be cheaper, I am sure and can be made over WiFi.

If the person zou are calling has the same app as you and you make a call over Wifi, then it should be free, as that is chat, if that makes sense to you.

Investigator

Yes sorry I meant using something like what's app calling on Wi-Fi if the hotel allows it on their Wi-Fi as it's an app and on Wi-Fi surely that would be free?  

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Simonk243, Yes, that would be free and fine to use, just make sure that the person you intend to call also has what’s app.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.