by counterflow
Explorer

Call Barring password

Hopefully this may help others...I have roaming activated on my account but noticed that one of the call barring settings is turned on (Huawei P20 Pro). Barring is located unter settings, wireless and network, call settings, call barring. The item which was selected on was 'Outgoing calls during international roaming'. To select it off it asks for a barring password which neither I or EE (up to tech level 2) had any idea of. They suggested I contact Huawei which of course was never going to be of much help as it reads these settings from the network not the handset. Turns out what you need to ask them to do is a sim card refresh/reset which basically involves EE resetting all the sim card setting back to default.  You turn the handset off for a minute when its done and upon rebooting the call barring should clear.  It still asks for an (unknown) password if you wanted to turn barring on for any reason, but the sim card reset achieved the aim of clearing the barr.  I'm surprised this was not known by tech support.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Call Barring password

Hi @counterflow

It sounds like all EE have done is activated roaming. If you have the service activated, then upgrade it's reactivated and needs to be deactivated again on your new tariff to allow roaming. 

Restarting your device means your device reconnects to the network allowing the new settings to activate, although this doesn't always happen instantly. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @counterflow,

Welcome to the EE Community.

@Northerner is correct, it's not possible to change your accounts call barring settings on your handset. This needs to be done via My EE or by customer services.

In this case, the agent you spoke to must have removed the international calling bar from your account when you called.

Thanks

James

by counterflow
Explorer

Sure, but when I called they insisted that there were no bars on my account showing and roaming was activated. I had restarted the handset several times already . It wasn't until they reset the SIM card that the call barring deactivated. So it appears that if no bars show then resetting/refreshing the SIM back to defaults will remove the bar.

by
EE Community Support Team

That makes sense @counterflow, I'm glad it's now sorted. Smiley Happy

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.