by wywh42 Contributor
Contributor

Buying more data whilst roaming in France

How does this work as the app purchase extra data option says you can't use it unless on the ee network so that won't work in France i assume?

I logged in to my account & the only option was the data pass for outside of euope.

So how do you buy an extra GB or two if you are in France & almost used your allowance.

I am on a Monthly SIM only deal.

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Buying more data whilst roaming in France

You use your UK allowances in France. It's in the EU. So you just buy a normal UK data add-on. Just browse to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase . It's within the EE network.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You use your UK allowances in France. It's in the EU. So you just buy a normal UK data add-on. Just browse to http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase . It's within the EE network.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @wywh42 and welcome to the community.

Please follow the wonderful advice given above by @XRaySpeX to assist.

Many thanks,

Lee

by wywh42 Contributor
Contributor

Thanks  but does that link work when on a French network not EE?

I understand how roaming works i just need confirmation that you can buy extra data when you are actually abroad roaming and also are the data charges the same price as if you were buying them in the uk.

Why did somebody else mark this as solved, isnt that my choice!!!

by
EE Employee

Hi @wywh42

The link will work anywhere you need to purchase data.

The charges are exactly the same as when you are in the UK.

The solution can be marked by anyone that see the solution to be correct and in this case @XRaySpeX is indeed correct.

Many thanks,

Lee

by wywh42 Contributor
Contributor

Ok thanks, will try this in a couple of weeks in France...

by wywh42 Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, i can confirm this works when in France. Just bought some more data very easily.

You do have to turn Wifi off otherwise the link is very fast & easy.

Thanks for the advice.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update @wywh42

Enjoy your time in France. Smiley Happy

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.