by 79YO Investigator
Investigator

Beloved Nokia BL-5CB

Am in Tenerife, I cannot send or text  BUT have received calls from UK and locally.  I checked before leaving home re use of phone etc. ( When I joined EE, I had been with T-mobile pay as you go, I told her/him  that I didn't have nor want a smart phone - "no problem")  I have gone all through EE's pages and nowhere was there an email address to ask for help, so I've joined you!  HELP an aged grannie please!

9 REPLIES 9
by 79YO Investigator
Investigator

Re: Beloved Nokia BL-5CB

Thank you James, and yes it is - whew!!! Weird though to a non-expert in these things that I could receive but not send.d
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@79YO : If on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK?

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @79YO BL-5CB is the battery 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @79YO.

Welcome to the community.

Are you able to try following @XRaySpeX's advice and log into your MyEE Account?

You'll be able to see if roaming is activated.

Let us know how you get on.

Jon

by 79YO Investigator
Investigator

Thank you all for replying - sorry for the delay in answering - friends came to take me about.

Is this a first?   I dropped my Nokia on a lovely marble floor.  As usual the back shot off and the battery joined it.  Put it all together and

I am connected to something called Orange.

To answer your question I spoke to a young woman at the EE place in Oxford Street who said everything was exactly as if I were to stay in the UK when in an EU country - I should tell you that I am a "Remainer" - so don't need a roamer.

Best wishes,

79YP

by

Hi @79YO,

Is your phone working now you have connected to the Orange network?

Thanks 🙂

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by 79YO Investigator
Investigator

Back home and realise have not replied to an email asking if I had got the information I was looking for and if so to click on "Solution".

I think I should click on solution to all of you as you all told me something I didn't know and which will be helpful in the future.

However, the solution appears to have been the marble floor in my hotel (!), though I cannot understand why that should have activated the outgoing signal.  But Orange arrived and I was re-intouch with the world.

So, please accept heartfelt thanks for taking the time to reply and if the person i/c EE Community agrees it is lawful I will re-enter and click Solution to you all.

Best wishes,

79YO

by

Afternoon @79YO

Hope you had a lovely time away 🙂

Thanks for coming back and letting us know this is now sorted!

Come back to the community anytime 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.