by Kristux
Explorer

Beeing abroad cannot call local numbers

I am in Lithuania at the moment. Roaming is on. I can text all numbers, no problem. Can call all UK numbers but cannot call any lithuanian numbers, although it should be included in the plan... Tried restarting the phone, didn't help.

10 REPLIES 10
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Beeing abroad cannot call local numbers

@Kristux Just to make sure, are you prefixxing the number with +370?

What error do you get?

Have you got an iPhone? You could try changing the setting for dial assist?

by Kristux
Explorer

I have a galaxy J5. And yes i do +370, i have just spend ages with tech support and they still could not help. Said it would be good to chat to someone direct, but i cannot find anything on this page. Really annoying... 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Kristux

Thanks for coming to community for support 🙂

Are you a pay monthly or a pay as you go customer?

Please see this Roaming with EE - What to do if you're having problems abroad post and I'm confident the hints, tips and troubleshooting contained in it, will help you out.

Let us know the outcome please.

Richard

🙂

by Seanwc1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi there,

Just to let you know that I have been having this problem since 2013! I am traveling to Lithuania at least twice a year! After many times complaining about it to EE, at the end they addmited that:” due to commercial reasons”  EE dicided to restrict all outgoing calls to Lithuania/Latvia local numbers when you roam. It was the reason been given to me in 2013!!  Moreover, they haven’t done anything about it since 2013!I

It’s not worth it spending your time argueing and trying to solve this problem with EE.  It is not your phone, not Lithuanian mobile network, not a technical issue that EE tried to blame for it at the beginning! It is EE which decided to restrict the calls!

by

Hi @Seanwc1

When did you last speak to someone from EE?

What was the outcome?

Cheers

Richard

by Seanwc1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Ritchard,

After complaining many times to EE customer service, speaking many times to EE technicians, hearing all blames by EE on foreign networks, on my phone fault, on my SIM card fault, basically on any other fault apart EE fault of course,  submitting two official complaint letters to EE in 2014, which totally has been ignored by EE by the way, I contacted EE through Facebook and at least got a decent explanation on what was going on!  Please read the answers form your EE Facebook team  on 7th of May 2014 below:

“Good Morning,

Due to commercial reasons, by our network, dialling local numbers whilst roaming in Latvia is not possible.

This is also the same with Lithuania.

We will not be in a position to support this as it has been a business decision.

Hi Sean,

I'm sorry but I can't comment why this is as it is but I have noted your account with what I have informed you of.

Here is a link that you can direct a complaint to the business https://explore.ee.co.uk/forms/we-are-listening

The outcome was......I am in Lithunia as we speak (in 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and I STILL CANNOT dial any local numbers (data, sms and incoming calls work!).

It is how EE ‘solved’ this problem!

I just don’t see any point to complain or try to deal with the EE regarding this issue anymore.....

Cheers

Sean

by

Thanks for getting back to us, @Seanwc1.

I'm glad that our social media team were able to shed a bit of light on this.

I recommend following their advice and raise a complaint through our ways to complain help and support page.

Please let us know how you get on, once you've spoken to them.

Chris

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

This would be worthy of a complaint that gets to the ombudsman, This costs EE money so they try and do what they can to avoid it by fobbing you off and hoping you will go away, but if this is their response it should be easy enough to get a deadlock letter or wait 8 weeks and get the ombudsman to look into why EE are doing this.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

by Seanwc1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I DID coplain using the online form in 2014 and sent two complaint letters to EE and been totaly ingored! I don't want to waist my time dealing with EE anymore regarding this issue. It is simpler to use a VOIP app to place a local call for me! 

Good luck EE for keeping treating your custumers like this. 

Best,

Sean 

by

Hi @Seanwc1

We value the feedback of each and every one of our customers.

If you have had a negative experience in the past, then why not use our ways to complain process.

You will never be ignored by us here and we are keen to try help.

I can understand your reasons why you don't want to pursue this, however I just wanted to make sure you knew what to do.

Thanks

Richard

🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.