by mr_ce
Explorer

Barred International calls - EE assistance please urgently required

Outgoing International calls are suddenly barred from my phone.  Since I am abroad I cannot even call Customer Service (150 or other numbers).  Can someone from EE please contact me urgently, on my EE mobile or by email, to resolve the issue.

I cannot see any apparent reason for this to happen.  I checked also my account and my bills have all been paid regularly.

I checked Barred Calls settings, but a password is needed and I read in this forum that EE needs to intervene. Can you please assist soon, as this is a major issue for me. Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Barred International calls - EE assistance please urgently required

Hi @mr_ce and welcome to th eCommunity.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

How long have you been using your device outside of the UK?

Please also can I get you to try and ring using format of 00447*********

Also, please let me know If you are using an EE personal or business account?

Many thanks,

Lee

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Employee
Solution

Hi @mr_ce and welcome to th eCommunity.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

How long have you been using your device outside of the UK?

Please also can I get you to try and ring using format of 00447*********

Also, please let me know If you are using an EE personal or business account?

Many thanks,

Lee

by mr_ce
Explorer

Hi Lee,

thank you for your prompt reply.

As you suggested, I tried to change the network: previously it was selected automatically and now I've selected HT HR (I am in Croatia), and it has solved the problem!

Would you suggest to keep this new fixed network selection, or to set it back to an automatic choice?  I had not changed any settings before and it was working fine, would you know why this problem happened?

I am concerned that, if I keep the fixed selection, the phone will not work again when I need to travel to another country next week.

To answer your questions, I have used my device for years, in and out of the UK, and I have a personal EE account.

by
EE Employee

Hi @mr_ce

Glad you are sorted, It sounds like the network it was automatically connected to was having an issue.

Once you are travelling to the next country please do pop it back onto automatic.

Croatia is a wonderful place, been to many a football game there.

Many thanks,

Lee

by mr_ce
Explorer

Great, thanks!!

M

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.