by rbutterworth Investigator
Investigator

Are the roaming issues in Costa Rica

We have an EE phone user in Costa Rica. He last went in December 2016 and his phone was fine but this time he has been unable to get any roaming data or voice. 

EE support has no suggestion that we have not already tried.

anyone know if there is a roaming issue in Costa Rica ?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Are the roaming issues in Costa Rica

@rbutterworth   If I remember correctly from reading a previous post I'm sure the cellular network in Costa Rica is very patchy. 

Investigator

Chris - yes, but the staff member goes to the same place every time. The last time he was there it was fine, this time he has not had a roaming connection once.

Rob

[mod edit: please do not post personal information such as phone numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

Investigator

Chris - yes, but the staff member goes to the same place every time. The last time he was there it was fine, this time he has not had a roaming connection once.

Rob

[mod edit: please do not post personal information such as phone numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @rbutterworth

Thanks for visiting us in community 🙂

Please have a look at this topic here where we have tried to help another user.

Richard

🙂

Investigator

We have finally been informed that EE no longer have roaming partners in CR. In itself this is very annoying, but what makes me very angry is that they didn't tell us and they still advertise Costa Rica as a roaming destination.  I have spent hours trying to help our staff member in Cost Rica and he and I don't have time waste like this.

We will be moving the user this impacts to another network immmediarely and everyone else will move once it becomes financially viable. We will also be speaking to the ASA as EE are currently guilty of false advertising (on top of gross incompetence)

by
EE Employee

Good Morning @rbutterworth

Really sorry to hear you have been having ongoing issues.

As far as we're aware there has been no changes to the roaming agreement in Costa Rica.

I will certainly chase this up to find out for definite though.

Leave this with me - speak soon.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Investigator

Karen

Our reseller had this triple checked.  Three engineers confirmed that it was a little known fact that they no longer had roaming partners in Costa Rica.

Hence, I would be very interested in the authoritative answer.

Regarless, this has been so problematic we'll be seeking a new provider.

Rob

by
EE Employee

Hi @rbutterworth

Sorry to hear that! Smiley Sad

I'll do my best to find out as much as I can for you.

It can be hard with some countries as there is only one partner network available - issues can be magnified because of this.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.