by Profile closed
Not applicable

Are some of the EE's Roaming prices out of touch with reality?

Roaming on EE has never really been particularly good value but even with the relatively recently updated Travel Data Pass some of the prices are really eyebrow rising. 

I, for instance, often visit Ukraine. If I was to rely on EE for my data, I'd pay £6 per day for miserable 150MB. A local Ukrainian network that I use offers data roaming in UK for about £1/day for 100MB. Their UK partners are Three and...EE.

Surely, if they made an arrangement with EE so that they are able to offer 100MB for £1 and presumably make some profit out of it, than EE would be able to do offer something similar for their customers price wise without going into the red?

Time to reconsider some of the Roaming prices?;) 

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Are some of the EE's Roaming prices out of touch with reality?

@Profile closed  Forgive me for pointing out this out but every post you seem to create on here is in some way to be negative about EE.  Your first post I believe it was the roaming location one and about how EE have this worded to now this one.   If your not happy with EE why are you a customer of EE ?   

by Grand Master
Grand Master

But @Profile closed you are saying here the travel data pass is good 

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/Improved-Travel-Data-Pass-Not-too-bad/m-p/698700

If you're a regular visitor to the Ukraine then consider buying a local SIM for the time you are visiting. Or why didn't you consider roaming costs when deciding which network to use. 

Brexit will likely impact roaming costs even further, or it may not. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Chris_B What do you mean by "if you aren't happy with EE"? There are obviously certain things about EE that I am happy with, certain ones that I am content with and certain ones that I either don't like at all or think they could be a lot better.

It's natural for a human being to voice their dissatisfaction with something or pointing out the areas that could do with some improvement. I somehow don't think that many people, for instance, write to bus companies saying "I've received such a great service today, the driver wasn't drunk, he didn't tell me to hurry up the f*** when I took my time getting off the bus, didn't divert from the usual route to go to his favourite bookie to place a bet". They don't because the above is just normal, standard service they expect (and rigtfully so) to receive. If the driver was, indeed, drunk or grossly impolite, many certainly would bring it to attention of the bus company and their fellow customers.

@Northerner Travel Data Pass isn't bad, yet for some countries is certainly overpriced. I obviously have a Ukrainian sim (which I've already mentioned) but in some other countries (couple of days visit, hassle of getting a local sim) I'd be using Travel Data Pass even if that means to pay £6/150MB. Although in some other countries I would be using... my Ukrainian sim as it gives me 100MB for around £1 :).

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed  You do seem to make a meal out of the smallest of things.  

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Chris_B I do appreciate that our position on what constitutes "smaller things" might differ and respect your point of view :),

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed  So you believe THIS is a big issue.  

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Chris_B with all due respect, do my beliefs matter to you that much? 🙂

Aren't you making a big issue out of my attitude towards various issues? 😉 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed  I’m just pointing out something that I’ve noticed with all your posts,  which was my point of saying if your not happy with EE why are you an EE customer, that’s not making a big deal of it that’s staying the obvious. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Chris_B Like I said, I respect your point of view :).

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.