by alexandrei8
Explorer

Activating roaming while I have the call barring on abroad

Hello,

I am encountering a problem ,I didn't realised that roaming is not activated before leaving UK,and now I'm trying to make calls ,even to EE customers support,not working at all.If anyone could help me with this problem ,thank you !

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Activating roaming while I have the call barring on abroad

@alexandrei8  Login to your account and hopefully you will be able to enable this yourself there if it’s not there just wait for the live chat window to pop up and ask if you would like to live chat. Use this to get this enabled. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @alexandrei8 and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

Please also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using format of 00447*********, did this work?

Also, please let me know If you are using an EE personal or business account as I may be able to assist with our live chat service?

Many thanks,

Lee

by alexandrei8
Explorer

The problem is I cannot make calls even if I put in the country code ,the
message I get is your call barring is on ,please deactivate in order to
call someone.Tried to swap the network ,doesn't work tried in every single
country I've been through
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@alexandrei8  That’s because you didn’t call customer services and request roaming to be enabled on your account before you left the UK.     You could of even set a text to 150 to enable the service before you left the UK.   You might be able to enable this yourself from within your online account.  If the option is not there you can use live chat to get this enabled,  just wait in your online account for a live chat window to pop up. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @alexandrei8

Thanks for coming back to us.

Is your account on an EE personal contract?

I will see what we can do to help 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.