by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Absurd and disproportionate data roaming charges

Data roaming charges for Orange users are beyond ridiculous:

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/austral...

£8/mb?!

There is only one way to call that and it is called taking the mick out of your customers EE.

No wonder what is left of Orange is now sinking faster than the Titanic. I threw my hands in the air and celebrated when I jumped ship last month.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Absurd and disproportionate data roaming charges

Anyone who landed in one of these zones who had forgot to turn off mobile data before traveling will have their credit zapped in seconds without even realizing it!

EE could be stranding young or vulnerable people abroad over nothing but greedy data charges.

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tm90

Anyone travelling abroad can have a chat with our customer service team to see what add-on's we have available for the country they are travelling to.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Anyone who landed in one of these zones who had forgot to turn off mobile data before traveling will have their credit zapped in seconds without even realizing it!

EE could be stranding young or vulnerable people abroad over nothing but greedy data charges.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tm90

As @Leanne_T mentioned, Orange customers have add-ons available to them to give them allowances for using mobile data when travelling abroad.

As you know, the data data roaming structure for EE customers is different.

If you travel outside the EU and your plan doesn’t include roaming, you’ll only be able to access the internet via a WiFi connection, not on a mobile network — we won’t charge you for that. 

You have the option to purchase a data roaming add-on and we'll text you when you arrive.

Joining EE from Orange >

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.