by
Investigator

Abroad and phone says 'No Sim'

Hi there,

I have a Nokia Lumia 920 (I think) and currently in Spain but it says 'No Sim', therefore I am unable to text, call or use the internet. I am more worried that people cannot get hold of me. My phone has always been set on 'roam' so I never thought to check this before I left. I am on a monthly contract with Orange/ EE.

Is there anything I can do? I am happy to give out my email address and phone number if this means getting it sorted.

Thank you

Pepper1997.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution
Accepted by leanne_T (EE Community Support Team)
‎28-07-2016 04:12 PM

Re: Abroad and phone says 'No Sim'

Good morning @Pepper1997

Thank you for replying to my colleague @leanne_T Smiley Happy

That is correct, you would need an unlocked phone that takes a nano SIM in order for you to use the services.

The best way forward is to get in touch with the customer services team from an alternative landline or mobile and they will take you through the next steps.

Thanks

Richard

Smiley Happy

6 REPLIES
by
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Pepper1997 Are you with orange or EE ?if it's orange you will have to call them on 

+44 (0) 7973 100 150 From another phone 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by
Investigator

Hi Damien,

Thank you, my phone has actually stopped working altogether now. The screen went in lines after charging overnight and it then turned off and I cannot turn it back on at all, no matter how long I keep the 'on' button pressed for. It makes the noise/ vibration when I press the 'on' button but nothing happens, so I am not sure whether it is the screen or the phone. Is it still best to call that number - do you think there is anything that can be done or is it properly broken?

Aneesa

by

Good evening @Pepper1997.

Thanks for coming here.

Is the account on pay as you go or contract?

Also are you on EE or Orange?

I will see what we can do to help you Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply. It is contract, the bills say that they are from Orange. My dad has been in touch and apparently EE does not operate in Spain (I am not sure about Orange?) and that I would need an unlocked phone that takes a Nano SIM?

Is this correct?

If it does not even turn on here there is no way it is going to work once back home is there?

Thank you

by
Solution
Accepted by leanne_T (EE Community Support Team)
‎28-07-2016 04:12 PM

Good morning @Pepper1997

Thank you for replying to my colleague @leanne_T Smiley Happy

That is correct, you would need an unlocked phone that takes a nano SIM in order for you to use the services.

The best way forward is to get in touch with the customer services team from an alternative landline or mobile and they will take you through the next steps.

Thanks

Richard

Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

Thank you very much Richard.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.