by gpsarras
Explorer

Abroad and cannot make/receive calls send/receive sms

I moved abroad (within EU) 7 months ago. Until ~2 months ago I was able to use my phone within my monthly allowances limit. My contract ended so I called EE customer support to end my contract and have my number converted to PAYG. The conversion was performed without any issues but I just realised that I am not able to receive or make any call.
I can't receive any SMS either except from EE. (I somehow got an SMS from NatWest a few days ago though, don't know how that happened)

I can't call EE and I was not able to find any other means of contacting support (I did find the "write to us" section though which had a postal address. I stumbled upon it while trying to find an email address which I found ridiculous).

I topped up a few hours ago and I got the notification SMS from EE but I stll cannot use my number.

HELP

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Abroad and cannot make/receive calls send/receive sms

@gpsarras   There is no email address as emails are to slow to deal with customer issues,  your always waiting on a reply back before you can more on that it’s is not efficient.  

EE devices contract or PAYG are for no more than 2 months abroad at any one time. and the issue your having is you sim needs or connected to the EE network directly since moving from contract to PAYG. The other issue is EE use packs but as you’ve been out of the UK for such a long time all your call/texts/data have to come from your credit not any pack allowance as your past the 60 day mark.    

by gpsarras
Explorer

"EE devices contract or PAYG are for no more than 2 months abroad at any one time. "

Well.. I am pretty sure I have been using my number without any issues for wayyyy more than 2 months. I left UK at the end of Dec 2018 and I asked for my contract to be terminated in May-June 2019 iirc. I was making/receiving calls no problem until then. I am not complaining, just mentioning that.

The reason I want to use the number now is so I can activate a few applications on my phone (they need to send me a verification code through SMS).

Is there any way of temporarily unlocking my number for an hour or so, so I can "untie" these applications from my EE number?

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @gpsarras

I can see @Chris_B has provided you the correct answer.

Unfortunately we can't activate your number on your behalf whilst being outside of the UK.

Have you spoke directly to the company your trying to receive a verification code from? they may be able to provide this a different way. 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.