by Arwee Investigator
Investigator

Abroad and barred from calling or texting

Hi,

There are many topics similar to this but I don't see any actual solutions in them.

I'm abroad and all my outgoing calls are barred. It's not possible to change this setting in my phone (Samsung Galaxy S9). Why? What am I supposed to do?

(Of course this means that I can't call customer support.)

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Abroad and barred from calling or texting

Where are you?

Did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK?

Try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Arwee Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I'm in Hong Kong. I don't see any such options in the Managa device part of My EE.

But I should have added that right after arriving I was able to send a text message, which shows up as "Roaming Text Message to Mobile" on My EE.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you on PAYG? You won't see those settings I mentioned if you are but PAYG is auto enabled for roaming. You should be able to call & text.

Do you have PAYG credit to pay for calls? Your pack is not usable out there.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Team

Hi @Arwee,

Welcome to the community 🙂

Did you manage to get your calls working from Hong Kong?

Did you see @XRaySpeX advise regarding EE pay as you go accounts?

Alex 🙂

by Arwee Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Yes, I have a PAYG account and I have plenty of credit on it. Unfortunately, my calls and text messages are still barred.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Ah, as I said PAYG phones should work anywhere. The only thing left is to call EE from some other phone & report it. You could try the Freephone no in my sig over Skype.

by Arwee Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your help! (I won't mark it as solution though because it doesn't solve the problem - I hope that's ok.)

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Arwee

Thanks for coming back to us.

Can you receive calls and texts?

Hope you're having an amazing time in Hong Kong!

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.