by DJMSJM Investigator
Investigator

90mb data roaming add on

I will shortly be going on my hols to the Caribbean.

I will buy the 7 day data roaming add on for £20

This add on says that this is for 90mb.  This seems quite a small amount of data for 7 days!

My question is what will I be a able to do with 90mb?

I will want to be uploading pictures onto Facebook and use Messenger but I don't know how much data these will use. 

What will my limits be?

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 90mb data roaming add on

Read your emails, browse this forum! That's about what you can do with that small amount of data in a week.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by DJMSJM Investigator
Investigator

What emails?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DJMSJM

Thank you for coming to see us in community 🙂

Does your hotel have WiFi at all?

If so, try and connect to that, when I've visited Mexico, I tended to just browse whenever I was back in my hotel room.

Things like normal browsing and email only use a small amount of data, others such as watching catch-up TV or videos on YouTube can use significantly more.

Anyhow, please take a look at our How much Internet data are you using on EE? support article and I hope it helps.

Have an amazing trip.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by DJMSJM Investigator
Investigator

Hi Richard

We are on a Cruise so will only be able to connect when on dry land so no free WIFI unless the ports have some, but I don't want to rely on that

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DJMSJM

I hope you're having an amazing time 🙂

Have you seen our Maritime, Ships, Ferries and Cruises help and support page?

It has some information on costs and packages available to you.

Telenor & OnWave Networks add-on

11MB of data to use for 24 hours

• Valid on the Telenor or OnWave Maritime/Cruise networks.
  • Make sure data roaming is enabled on your phone.
  • The internet won’t work on your phone abroad unless you buy an add-on. This is to prevent you running up a large bill for internet usage by mistake.
  • If your add-on runs out and you need more internet, we’ll give you the option to buy another one. It’s as simple as that.

Hope this helps.

Thanks 

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.