by leila3

60 Global Roaming Minutes

Hi all,

Just looking for some clarity.

I have a UK number and will be travelling to Kenya and Tanzania over the next couple of weeks. I want to stay in touch with my other half, who has an Egyptian number.

I was advised over the online chat function to add the '60 Global Roaming Minutes' add-on and that I would be able to use the minutes to call from my UK phone to his Egyptian phone while roaming in East Africa. However, when I go to install the add-on, it says '60 minutes of talk time from anywhere in the world to the UK'. i.e. not 60 minutes of talk time from East Africa to Egypt.

Can anyone confirm please? It looks from older topics here that the global roaming minutes used to be from anywhere to anywhere, but now it's just anywhere to the UK?

Huge thanks in advance,

Leila

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: 60 Global Roaming Minutes

Hi @leila3.

Welcome to the community.

I hope you enjoy travelling!

The 60 global minutes bundle will only allow you to call UK mobiles and landlines, you can find the full description in the terms and conditions of our add-ons. 

I hope this helps.

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jon_K: The "60 anywhere to UK roaming minutes add-on" in those T&Cs only covers calls to the UK but can't be same as the "Call from anywhere" add-on offered on the Kenyan & Tanzanian roaming costs pages : https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/kenya as that covers more:

Call from anywhere 

60 minutes per month 

Make 60 minutes of calls per month for just £10 from wherever you are. This includes calls back to the UK or within the country you're travelling in. 

"Includes"? But is it limited to? It doesn't say! It could include the whole world for all you might glean from this.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

I agree @XRaySpeX!

I'll put this suggestion forward to try and get it made clearer.

Jon

by mjs12345 Investigator
Investigator

Oh, I was thinking I could phone someone in the country I was visiting. So this is not the case?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@mjs12345: Which add-on are you talking about? The "60 anywhere to UK roaming minutes" add-on or the "Call from anywhere" add-on?

The latter does say "or within the country you're travelling in".

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by mjs12345 Investigator
Investigator

Ahh, I was referring to "call from anywhere".  So I guess I can phone within the country I am visiting.  If I travel on to another country, I assume same applies to that one.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@mjs12345: Yes.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.