by sox1 Investigator
Investigator

4got to activate roaming before leaving UK, am now abroad. Need to use my phone

4got to activate roaming before leaving UK, am now abroad. Need to use my phone. Can anybody help to explain how this can be rectified, since am unable to text 150

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 4got to activate roaming before leaving UK, am now abroad. Need to use my ph

@sox1  Hi,  Login to your online EE account and under manage this device enabled roaming and also enable call abroad and premium rate numbers.  

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: 4got to activate roaming before leaving UK, am now abroad. Need to use my ph

Hi @sox1

Welcome to the community. Whereabouts in the world are you?

Did you manage to log in and activate your roaming?

Chris

by sox1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris,

Live in the Netherlands. Bought the phone whilst on holiday in Tenby. Didn't realise needed to use phone at least once to activate things. DOH. So, nothing can be done until I return to UK & use the phone!!! So, no roaming 😢

by

Ah, that explains it, @sox1

Maybe an excuse for another holiday? 🙂

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@sox1 

Are you PAYG and not monthly contract? Why did you buy a UK network device if you live abroad?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by sox1 Investigator
Investigator

yes northerner, am a payg. Bought UK phone as I'm going back to live there permanently in several months time

by sox1 Investigator
Investigator

Lol. Funnily enough, am going back to Tenby in Oct for 6 weeks! Need to phone for a Taxi on arrival 😀

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @sox1 

Once activated in the UK your PAYG phone will automatically roam, you don't need to change any settings. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by

Morning @sox1

I can see you have had some great advice from @Northerner for when you get back to the UK 🙂

Hope to see you around the community in future.

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.