by jonwhittaker

4GEE plan but can't add data roaming for Dubai?!!

I am on the 4GEE plan, paying £66 a month, I'm off to Dubai on Monday, my plan allows me data roaming in the EU but the plan WON'T allow me to add the world data travel addon for 500mb of data for £5 a day in the UAE, it's not available on the MAX plans.

This is utterly ridiculous, those on the highest plans are peanalised, I've been informed it'll be £20 per 90MB of data whilst I'm there.

When are EE going to sort this out?

13 REPLIES 13
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: 4GEE plan but can't add data roaming for Dubai?!!

Well, we've been complaining about this for months, and EE have been fobbing us off with comments like "we've passed on your complaints" and done very little however to answer your question on when are EE going to sort this out, it's 15th June.

Travel Data Pass is available to customers on Regular, Essential, Extra and Sharer Pay Monthly plans. From 15 June, Travel Data Pass will also be available to customers with 4GEE and Max plans who joined or upgraded from August 2016.

by
EE Employee

Hi @jonwhittaker and welcome to the Community.

I understand your frustration with this issue.

As @chistery has mentioned the passes are due to arrive very soon, but current we have no other options than the standard bundles.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Gazza73 Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

it has now gone past the 15th of June and we all know what we can get with post May 10th 4GEE Max plans, EU roaming as with every UK mobile network and 5 additional countries. However, we are not allowed to add the Travel Data pass so we get penalised for the other 6 countries that not included in the Max plan. 

I notice in my plan description within my online accout mentions that I have use of minutes, texts and data in the UK, EU and 10 (Ten) other countries, can you clarify what these ten other countries are? US, Canada, Mexico, Australia, New Zeland and ?????

Secondly, can you tell us why Max plan customers, suposedly the best EE plans are not allowed to add the travel data pack?

thanks 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Gazza73 and welcome to the community.

So I can try and assist, please may I know when you purchased your MAX plan?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Gazza73 Investigator
Investigator

Hi @Lee_H

I upgraded 12GB Max plan at the beginning of June

Thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Gazza73,

The full list of countries included with your Max plan are;

Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Canary Islands, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guyana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion Islands, Romania, San Marino, Saint Martin (French), Saint Barthelemy, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatican City (Italy), Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and USA.

Thanks

James

by Gazza73 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @James_B

but that is the standard list of EU countries plus the 5 additional countries... the description on my plan says UK,EU and ten other countries, do you know what the other 5 countries are? Secondly, any idea when the travel data pass will be allowed for Max customers for countries such as China, South Africa and UAE?

by

Hi @Gazza73,

The ten additional countries are Switzerland, Monaco, Isle of Man, Jersey & Guernsey, Mayotte, Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and USA.

I don't have any information on future changes to the travel data pass at the moment.

Thanks

James

by Gazza73 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @James_B

Can I suggest that this is very misleading as all those additional 5 (Switzerland, Monaco, Isle of Man, Jersey & Guernsey (2 different places) and Mayotte) are included in the standard EU roaming list for all EE customers regardless of the type of plan they are on, new or old and under the heading of EU Roaming according to EE, however this is advertised as part of the additional 10 countries over and above the EU roaming list for Max customers within their account plan description which in my veiw provides a misleading view. This information should be changed from UK, EU and ten additional countries to UK, EU and five additional countries on the plan information within customer account profile.

I understand that you do not have any other information in regards to when and why Max customers are not allowed to have the travel pass, could you point me in the direction of where I can get this information as customer services are unable to provide the information either. It seem rather unfair that customers whom pay for the better Max plans get penalised for countries that I travel to on a regular basis at least and assume others do too, hence the origianal poster here, have to pay the base roaming pricing where customers on lesser plans (all non-Max plans) are allowed to get access to these privileges?

Many thanks in advance 

by

No problem @Gazza73

I'll pass your feedback on to our roaming team and we'll let you know if we make any changes to the travel data pass.

Thanks

James

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Gazza73 This is the exact situation we had with the last max plan, and no one at EE can explain why they do this. I wouldn't hold out much hope for an answer, until they release a newer plan. 

by Gazza73 Investigator
Investigator

@James_B

Is there any update on my enquiry please? I see that pre March 10th 4GEE Max plans are able to use the travel data pass, what about the post March 10th 4GEE Max plans for the countries that are not included within the plan?

by

Hi @Gazza73

Thanks for coming here 🙂

I will look into chasing this up for you.

I know @James_B is on annual leave at the moment.

If and when there are any further updates or new information, we will update you.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.