by Barmy Established Contributor
Established Contributor

4GEE USA Roaming

Bit of a long story but. I had a 4GEE plan which ran to March but I was allowed to upgrade from January. I decided to take advantage of this but I got my new phone and contract from CPW rather than EE because it was cheaper. However this meant I was unable to get a MAX plan.

I am travelling to the States and Canada for 4 days at the end of a cruise, but I now find that another thing I can't have is the Travel Data Pass. I don't know why? This was obviously an upgrade as my account says I've already used my Apple Music and BT Sport add ons. So why can't I have the Travel Data Pass and am I limited to 40mb of data on the Zone A data add on?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: 4GEE USA Roaming

Hi @Barmy and welcome to the community.

I have sent you a private message to have this looked into.

Many thanks,

Lee

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You could add to your non-Max plan roaming in the 5 extra countries by texting GO FURTHER to 150 @ £10 / month for a min. 6 months. See Go Further Roaming Add-on .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I did see the Go Further add on but I thought £60 was a bit much over six months when I'm only going for 4 days.

I used to have the Travel Data Pass but got rid of it when the roaming in the EU law changed. I don't mind paying for the Travel Data Pass at £4.80 per day and it would be ideal, I also don't mind paying for the Zone A but feel that 40mb isn't really enough.

We have WiFi in the hotel but I want to use my phone for payments and getting around etc.

by
EE Employee
Solution

Hi @Barmy and welcome to the community.

I have sent you a private message to have this looked into.

Many thanks,

Lee

Established Contributor

I'd just like to thank both Lee_H and Jon at EE for their prompt and very favourable conclusion to my query.

This shows me that the Community works and that EE does actually care for their customers. This is the way forward for resolution of queries in a friendly and easy way.

Thanks

by
EE Employee

Hi @Barmy,

I knew Jon would get your query resolved, he's a great asset. 🙂

You have a wonderful time on the cruise 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

by Aerotec
Explorer

Not very impressed. 

As a 4gee (non max) it's very confusing to find out what the options are for roaming in the US. The reference to Roam Further at £10... The website doesn't mention this is a 6 month minimum? And in my EE app I don't see any option to add this bundle. 

And seeing EE staff reach out by PM and not be open with the community about what's available goes against the purpose of a "community" such as these forums? 

And if the OP was pleased with the favourable outcome, while I am happy for them, why has nothing been posted about what the options are for the benefit of us all?

Should I await a PM to be offered something sweet to make me like EE? Right now I can't wait to get out and go back to the much simpler plans of Three with the USA roaming included for all. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Aerotec 

You are replying to a thread that's over a year old. The Roam Further add-on was changed last month and the six month minimum was removed and it's now a 30 day rolling add-on.

What type of plan are you on? It should be available to most pay monthly or 12 month sim only customers.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Aerotec

Welcome to the community. 🙂

As per our roaming tool, currently you are able to purchase the travel data pass which gives you 500MB per day.

You are charged the £4.80 at the moment your phone connects to the internet, you then have 500MB for 24 hours.

Just text TRAVEL to 150.

As @XRaySpeX mentioned, this is an older thread and add-ons have changed since.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Chris

by Aerotec
Explorer

Appreciate your responses.

I searched for answers and whilst not ideal to resurect an old thread it seemed to have information I was curious about such as the PMd special offers!

I am on 4GEE (non Max). My app doesn't offer Roam Further as an add on and there is no way I am paying £4.80/day for a 16 day trip!

Suggestions on how to enable/disable Roam Further would be appreciated.

Richard

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Aerotec : Text ROAM FURTHER to 150 .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If you text that now, you would get charged now though, so depends on when the trip is.

Might be worth a call to 150 to see if they can tell you if it'll work, for when you do add it in the future?

For me, the add-on appears under roaming, even though I'm on a max plan.

eerf.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.