by DanHockley
Explorer

4GEE Max Plan & End of EU Roaming

Right, so on 1st June 2017, EU directives state that all EU roaming for calls, text and using the internet on your mobile device ends.

I took out a "4GEE Max Plan" to allow me to use my device in Europe without charge and pay a premium for doing so - do EE have any information on how much these plans will reduce by as there is no longer any roaming charges within the EU?

5 REPLIES 5
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: 4GEE Max Plan & End of EU Roaming

Hello @DanHockley

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community. Smiley Happy

As far as I am aware, the Max Plans will not be reduced in price and will continue to be charged as normal.

by DanHockley
Explorer

Even though their selling point is that you can use your allowances in the EU?!

Not cool EE, not cool.......

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to reply @DanHockley.

There is a high chance that EE will be introuding new price plans before the 15th June 2017 (when EU roaming prices are abolished).

If they do introduce new price plans, current EE customers do have the option to move to the new price plans if they feel the new plans fit their needs better. Smiley Happy

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

That is a very good point @DanHockley.

I would say that while I don't think EE is legally obliged to offer any price reduction due to the new legislation coming into force, it would be nice to see this happen and it would show EE truly cares about its customers and is proactive about helping us save money.

by Cat9598

Completely agree, I have just had a long discussion with a ee representative. How can I be paying for an extra that is no longer an extra..... seriously needs to be reviewed. They did offer me to pay upgrade the plan..... great service...😡

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.