by Grand Master
Grand Master

4GEE MAX plan not working in USA

Posted in the open:

@Coyney1987 wrote:

Hi

I entered a 4GEE MAX 12 month contract with EE in December 2017. USA is included in the countries where I can use my data as usual with no additional charges.

When I landed in the New York today I was automatically connected to AT&T (I have since manually changed that to T-Mobile and back again but it still didn’t work).

I got two texts - one from EE confirming I could use my data from home as usual for free. Another from ‘1024’ saying it was also from EE, but saying I’d need to buy an add on to use my data.

This is the first time in the last 2 months that I’ve been abroad. I just checked my remaining data for the month and I have 22gb left (i.e. the cause is not that I am out of data).

I have restarted my phone (iPhone 7 if that makes any difference), turned data on and off, turned roaming on and off etc. a number of times. Nothing is working. The only time I can use data is when I am connected to WiFi, but I need to have access to data at all times (hence why I bought the pack else with EE that I did!).

Any ideas on how how to fix this and get my data working?

Thanks

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 4GEE MAX plan not working in USA

Hi @Coyney1987, can you make calls & texts from there?

Had you bought a roaming data add-on for when you were in 1 of the non-EE Max plan countries? If so, I should get rid of it. It could be confusing matters while in US where it is not required.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: 4GEE MAX plan not working in USA

Hi @Coyney1987,

Thanks for visiting the EE Community.

That's a great question from @XRaySpeX. Could you see an active roaming add-on in My EE?

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.