by MaalieAces Investigator
Investigator

4GEE MAX PLAN 8GB

Can I call the USA from the UK on this plan, is it in the plan allowance or is there a charge. If so what are the charges 

thanks 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: 4GEE MAX PLAN 8GB

@liviu wrote:

The "opt in for free to our Call Abroad Add-On" seems a joke, its free to change the settings to allow you to make the call for £1 per minute

Unfortunately EE has since changed the contents of the page that I linked earlier about the free Call Abroad Add-On to an utter nonsense 😞 that only gives the Standard rates. When I posted the link it gave both the CALL ABROAD rates & the Standard rates for PAYG & contract.

Now you can only get the CALL ABROAD rates by looking up the relevant Non-Standard Price List. They are all there.

To France from UK would only be 5p / min to a landline or 15p / min to a mobile for contract or 3p / min to a landline or 5p / min to a mobile for PAYG.

@Christopher_G: When is this going to be fixed & EE stop misleading its users over CALL ABROAD? I raised this with you last year, nearly 5 months ago, & you still have not found the correct page.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
19 REPLIES 19
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Calls/texts from UK are International calls not included in your UK allowances & are chargeable. Text CALL ABROAD to 150 to get them at Cheaper-than-standard rates.

See Free call abroad from the UK add-on for prices.

Your UK allowances can be used in the EU + 5 countries when you are roaming abroad but when you are in UK you are not roaming.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

There are no consumer plans that include calls from the UK to International numbers.  What you can do though is get the free International calling add-on which reduces the cost of dialing International numbers substantially (for example for calls to the US, it drops the call charge from the standard £1.60 a minute to just 5p a minute).

Full details and how to get this add-on can be found here.

Investigator

Thank you jmitchel 

Investigator

Thank you XRaySpeX

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MaalieAces

Welcome to the community. 🙂

I see @Profile closed and @XRaySpeX have answered perfectly here.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Chris 🙂

by liviu Investigator
Investigator

Hi guys, I'm trying to find out a solution to be able to talk from UK to France at a reasonable price, and not £1 per minute. I cant find a simple solution other than paying £10 a month (equivalent to 2p a minute) for the 500INTL1 pack. The "opt in for free to our Call Abroad Add-On" seems a joke, its free to change the settings to allow you to make the call for £1 per minute... 

I was thinking of taking a new contract for my wife but she needs to call internationally, some providers say "International Calls & International Calls Extra Add-On - Included in your Add-On is calls from the UK to standard landline or mobile numbers in selected countries. See ee.co.uk/terms for countries. Redial before 120 minutes to avoid call charges." But when I get to the ee website... I get to the same conclusion, you have to pay £10 for 500 minutes monthly on top of your plan. 

Is there something I am missing here , is ee deliberatly making this hard to find? They sure are happy to let us think roaming includes calling from UK...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@liviu  EE are not trying to make you think roaming includeds calls from the UK out of the UK as your not roaming when your in the UK.   Please look at @Profile closed post below. 

by liviu Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris, I'm not trying to start a debate, it's probably just me, I didnt read very carefully the message "Customers on eligible plans will be able to use their minutes, texts and data at no extra cost when roaming in the EU/EEA" and assumed you can use your allowence in EU.

Anyway, back to the issue, how do I get the International pack to be able to call France with 2p per minute? Is it just for the max plans? I tried to do it on my plan which is probably an essential one and I still have the £1 per minute charge... Getting the international plan (texting CALL ABROAD to 150) just enabled me to make the calls, before that I couldnt make any international calls. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@liviu wrote:

The "opt in for free to our Call Abroad Add-On" seems a joke, its free to change the settings to allow you to make the call for £1 per minute

Unfortunately EE has since changed the contents of the page that I linked earlier about the free Call Abroad Add-On to an utter nonsense 😞 that only gives the Standard rates. When I posted the link it gave both the CALL ABROAD rates & the Standard rates for PAYG & contract.

Now you can only get the CALL ABROAD rates by looking up the relevant Non-Standard Price List. They are all there.

To France from UK would only be 5p / min to a landline or 15p / min to a mobile for contract or 3p / min to a landline or 5p / min to a mobile for PAYG.

@Christopher_G: When is this going to be fixed & EE stop misleading its users over CALL ABROAD? I raised this with you last year, nearly 5 months ago, & you still have not found the correct page.

by liviu Investigator
Investigator

Thank you ! So I'm not going mad, the info on the ee website is simply not clear. Try searching "international calls" to get to the call abroad page....

So I was wrong thinking that texting "call abroad" to 150 only allowed me to make the calls at the £1 per minute tarrif. How can I be sure of the new tarrif? just make a call? And why isnt this a default setting??

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@liviu wrote:

I still have the £1 per minute charge.

Even after texting CALL ABROAD to 150? You shouldn't do. You should be charged the rates I just gave you. Have you checked?

Did you get a response to the CALL ABROAD text? What did it say?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, you are not going mad. EE Help system has been messed up since it last got a revamp around beginning of year. There is no way at the mo' to find anything sensible on the CALL ABROAD option however hard you search other by looking at the Price Lists. I've been complaining about this to the EE Staff here since then but nowt's been done. There are other major features that also can't be found now.

by

Hello @XRaySpeX 

I will discuss this with @Christopher_G when he is back in tomorrow morning.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by liviu Investigator
Investigator

Hi Xray, I just assumed it is still £1 per minute, just because of the webpage linked. I will check with a call aborad and see what extra costs I have after that. (I received a text back saying "Good news, your calling abroad addon is ready to go. Check out ee... for countries and costs. Can you guess what rates I get when I go to that page :D? EE seems to be pushing the international packs for £10 and £15...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

See The Free CALL ABROAD Add-on for Cheap Calls/Texts from UK .

by liviu Investigator
Investigator

Yes, I checked the extra costs and that phone call to France was 15 p (it was a mobile) and not £1. Again, and this time I know what I am talking about: EE is misleading us ! I activated the call abroad addon, I got back the text message with congratulations, you're in, for more details about call charges go to our webpage by clicking on this link. When you go to that link you get the £1 tarrif !

Come on EE, you can do better ! In an ideal world we would be able to use our allowence in Europe just as we use it in the UK, it shouldnt matter where you start the call. Why isn't this call abroad activated by default ?? The default is £1, if you want a cheaper tarrif you have to opt in for free?? 

by liviu Investigator
Investigator

Last thing from me... Not to mention the unfairness of the situation: if I call Germany while I'm in France ( so its roaming) its included in my allowence. Costs nothing. If I call Germany form UK... £1 per minute by default. Is that a fair way to treat a customer? What's the reason for this difference, do they have more costs involving a call starting at home, do they pay more charges in allowing me to connect to a german phone number when I call from UK? I know its the same as everybody does, but wont stop me dreaming of my ideal world... 😄

by

Good Morning @XRaySpeX

I fed this back to the Digital team back in December.

I'm not sure why this wasn't completed. I have re-sent this off this morning as soon as I came in.

Love your Free Call Abroad post by the way. 🙂

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@liviu: I would say it's cuz EE is a UK firm with most of its custs spending at least 50 weeks of the year in the UK & a minority roaming in EU for about 2 weeks a year. So there's far heavier usage of International calls being made from the UK than from anywhere else + the opportunity to make more dosh.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.