by chensui
Explorer

4G Maxplan roaming not working in USA

I arrived in the USA yesterday and my phone automatically found AT&T 4G network. I can't browse or use any data though. I've tried changing the network, restarting the phone but no luck.

Roaming is switched on.

When I look at my data allowance though, there is an error on the app and the website which doesn't show me my allowance. When I text 150 - I receive a message back to say 0Mb of 0Mb. This shouldn't be the case.

One extra detail is that I have come directly from Dubai where I had to purchase data because data roaming there isn't included as part of the package.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by chensui
Explorer
Solution

Re: 4G Maxplan roaming not working in USA

This is solved. It turns out that the Max travel data plan that I bought for Dubai was the problem as it wasn't switched off as I didn't return to the UK before going to the USA. As the roaming in the USA was covered under my normal data plan, things got confused.

Resolution was customer service switched off the max travel data add-on and things started working.

3 REPLIES 3
by chensui
Explorer
Solution

This is solved. It turns out that the Max travel data plan that I bought for Dubai was the problem as it wasn't switched off as I didn't return to the UK before going to the USA. As the roaming in the USA was covered under my normal data plan, things got confused.

Resolution was customer service switched off the max travel data add-on and things started working.

by
EE Community Support Team

pic spot prize.png

Good Morning @chensui

Thanks for giving great advice on the community.

As a thank you, I'd love to send you a little prize from the community team.

Smiley Happy

I've sent you a private message for your details, please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

EE have known about the problem with MAXTRAVEL for over 5 months and not fixed it. 

Very poor.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.