by kvin7 Investigator
Investigator

4G MAX Plan in Australia

I have read many mixed answers about the free roaming offered in Australia, which is why I'm asking the questio.

When I landed at Australia, I got a roaming icon next to my network indicator (Optus). The next thing I receive a few text messages that I will be charged £1.20 each minute of any calls. When I turned on my data, it took me to a page that says - Your roaming addon has expired. Please buy one of the following plans.

A few days prior to leaving for Australia, I did speak to the customer care and made sure that I had unlimited free calls over Australia and can use my data allowance as usual. However, it doesn't seem to be the case. I can't even talk to the customer care because it's not free. The live chat doesn't work at all. Can anyone help me out here, please?

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 4G MAX Plan in Australia

Are you on an EE Max plan started after 10 May 2017?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by kvin7 Investigator
Investigator

No, my plan started someday in December 2016.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Then you have no free roaming in Oz. See http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/austral... for prices.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by kvin7 Investigator
Investigator

Well, the EE support team didn't tell me that on the phone. I guess I will have to make a complaint. Thanks for the information.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.