by VickFu Investigator
Investigator

4G Home Broadband in EU

Morning,

I've signed up for an 18 month contract 4G Home Broadband 100GB on the promise I can use it within the EU. The store explicitly stated that I can take it enywhere within the EU and it will work without further costs.

We've just arrived and to my surprise, my 4G router wants me to buy data addon. £20 for 600MB.y training starts tomorrow, can somebody advise please?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 4G Home Broadband in EU

Hi @VickFu

• Where are you in the EU?
  • You have the white EE home broadband device?
  • Did you activate and use it in the UK first?

If it's the white one  then according to the "legal bit"

4GEE Home: 18-month, 30 day and pay as you go plans. Roaming is not available on 4GEE Router tariffs. Subject to credit check. Check your 4G coverage at ee.co.uk/coverage before you buy. Speeds depend on location & number of users. The monthly price shown will be adjusted every year in your March bill by the Retail Price Index announced in February that year.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by VickFu Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

We are currently in Budapest, Hungary and I was using it in the UK . I wouldn't have much problem with it but I specified my needs and signed up for this to use oveseas only. What options do I have? I have an online training starting tomorrow.

Thank you.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @VickFu

Thanks for coming to the community.

I am very sorry you have been advised this in store, our 4GEE Home doesn't have roaming available on the on 4GEE Router tariffs.

Was this an EE Retail store that you visited for the contract?

Leanne.

by kevdyas85 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I had exactly this same issue after ordering through the EE online shop - it stated it on the order pages and email confirmations too! See my previous posts. Turns out it doesn’t include any roaming at all.

by VickFu Investigator
Investigator

Hi Kev,

I went to a high street store to verify, then added it to my account via the webshop.

Will cancel tomorrow. Had to buy a local data sim and router at extortionate price.

The bottom line is that the description is misleading...

by VickFu Investigator
Investigator

Read more

Hi Kev,

I went to a high street store to verify, then added it to my account via the webshop.

Will cancel tomorrow. Had to buy a local data sim and router at extortionate price.

The bottom line is that the description is misleading...

by kevdyas85 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Seems it is a very missold product and EE just hide behind some small print in a terms and conditions document despite it clearly stating it included EU countries prior to ordering.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.