by TUC111
Explorer

4G EE Max plan-USA

The details for my 4G EE Max plan on the EE website says the package includes calls, texts and data when in the USA, provided my contract was taken out after 15 May, which it was. However, when I rang EE to double-check, although I couldn't get through to an advisor, I received a text advising to purchase a travel data pass and giving details of call/text roaming charges, so I'm confused whether I'm covered by my package or not. Can anyone help?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: 4G EE Max plan-USA

These pro-forma Welcome texts are sent to everyone entering the country, regardless of whether they already have an allowance there. Your EE Max Plan allowances are valid in US (with up to  15 GB data / month if you have more).

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

These pro-forma Welcome texts are sent to everyone entering the country, regardless of whether they already have an allowance there. Your EE Max Plan allowances are valid in US (with up to  15 GB data / month if you have more).

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @TUC111 and welcome to the community.

Hope the information provided above has helped with your query 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@XRaySpeX wrote:

If you are on a new max plan it does say you can use your allowance when you land in the USA.

IMG-1965.JPG

by TUC111
Explorer

Thanks everyone for your responses. Very helpful.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

by SSA
Explorer

Can I ask a further question please?

I am on a Max Plan and am travelling to Australia tomorrow for three weeks.

I know that the following are included in my allowance:

(1) Calling and texting UK (mobile and landline) numbers while I am in Australia

(2) Calling and texting local Australian (mobile and landline) while I am in Australia.

However, I am not sure if while I am in Australia:

(1) People calling me from UK landlines and mobiles will be treated as making a local call to a UK mobile?

(2) People calling me from Australian landlines and mobiles will be treated as making a local call to a local Australian mobile?

Any help would be appreciated (sorry if these are slightly moronic questions!). I have relatives both in Australia and the UK who will need to get hold of me.

Thanks

Sadat

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @SSA

1: People in the UK calling your UK number pay whatever they usually pay for a UK number, it doesn't matter where you are, it's a UK number so standard domestic rates apply for calls initiated in the UK, so usually included in their allowances.

2: No, Australian landlines and mobiles will call a UK number, so they pay for an international call. You receive the calls for free though, so you don't pay anything. whatsapp voice calls, facetime, skype,  etc. can be used to avoid them paying international rates if possible.

Check you have roaming enabled if you haven't already, text ROAMING to 150 now.

Hope that answers your questions, let us know if you have any followups and have a great time!

by SSA
Explorer

Dear Chistery

Many thanks. Very helpful.

So has it always been the case that wherever one is in the world carrying a UK mobile, a person in the UK calling them has only ever been charged/used their allowance, as if they were making a local UK call?

If that is correct, then me having a Max plan while abroad makes no difference to the UK based caller?

Cheers

Sadat

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @SSA Yes, having a max plan makes no difference for the person calling you, but without it you would be paying for the call when you answer it or if it diverted to voicemail.

The person calling from the UK to a UK number can't be expected to pay an unknown cost based on where the phone is physically, so it is regarded as a UK call to them.

by
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community @SSA Smiley Happy

Thanks for those great answers @chistery Smiley Happy

James

by SSA
Explorer

Yes, great answers. Many thanks

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.