by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

30 mins from anywhere

Hi everyone,

I'm on pay monthly, and I got the '30 mins from anywhere' add-on as I'm travelling in a couple of days to SE Asia. 

A chat agent added this on for me, after a lengthy chat where she confirmed that it covers calls when abroad to both the UK and in-country numbers.

The description of the add-on on EE's website is a bit vague, but it does imply that calls everywhere are covered:

"30 minutes to make or receive calls when abroad in any country.
Excludes premium and non-geographic numbers"

However now that it's added, when hovering on the little question mark (as well as on my EE app) it says that it only covers calls back to the UK.

Is this yet another case of chat agents having no clue, or is it just EE's website having incorrect information instead?

8 REPLIES 8
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: 30 mins from anywhere

@DonDino As far as I’m aware it covers in country roaming calls as well.

And the website is wrong.

@Christopher_G are you able to confirm?

Thanks 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DonDino

This add-on is for making calls back to the UK and receiving calls while roaming.

Chris

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thanks @Christopher_G.

So once again chat agents completely fail. Now to think how I can sort this out in a few hours...!

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I am on chat again with a different agent, and he is also adamant the add-on covers in-country as well as back-to-UK calls. He's confirmed it 3 times already, I think he might get annoyed with how many times I've asked... 

I will go with it and if EE charge me for any calls... well I have two chat transcripts with EE agents being "2000% sure" it covers all calls.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by

Hi guys

I can confirm the information given by @Christopher_G is right.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi @Richard_C and @Christopher_G, I am now back and can confirm that the "minutes from anywhere" addon does indeed cover all calls from abroad to *any* country.

I was in the Philippines - I called numbers in the UK, Greece and within the Philippines, all calls were included in my 30 mins allowance and not charged separately.

So there's something to update your books with 😉

Have a beautiful New Year everyone!

by

Thanks for the update @DonDino

Have a great new year. Smiley Happy

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.