by Nebuk86 Investigator
Investigator

100gb max plan in Canada

I have the 100Gb max plan and am currently in Canada visiting, People are telling me I only get 15gb of my data allowance but I received a text saying I can use my allowances as if I was in the UK. Can anyone shed some light? 

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: 100gb max plan in Canada

Hi there @Nebuk86

Thanks for joining the community. 

You can use your handset as you would in the UK for calls, text and data however a fair use policy does apply when roaming outside the UK. 

Please see our roaming terms 'Fair use amount' for full information.

I hope you have a great time in Canada, 

Katie 🙂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

The FUP makes no mention of the extra countries for MAX plans and therefore doesn't apply.

by Nebuk86 Investigator
Investigator

So I should be able to use all 100gb while in Canada?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Others have reported being able to use more than 15GB when in the max plan countries, I haven't verified it myself.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@chistery : But What is a data roaming cap and how does it work? does:

Max plan customers, who can also use their home allowance across another five countries, are subject to the same policy in both the EU and those five extra countries.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Nebuk86 Investigator
Investigator

Lol still no clarity so I guess I will just have to see what happens when I use 15gb and try to use more. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.