by handsome_yeti
Explorer

Warranty on repaired handset....

I had an LG G4 which died and was repaired under warranty (Sept 2017). Whilst the phone was being set for repair I was convinced to upgrade early and sell on the repaired handset to cover the cost of the early upgrade.

I did this and moved the handset onto a friend.....they've just contacted me to say the display has died and is there any warranty left on the handset. I still have the repair paperwork for the G4 which states it is still under warranty until 1st March 2018 but does this still stand if I no longer have the handset under contract?

thanks

7 REPLIES
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Warranty on repaired handset....

Yes the warranty would still be valid

Brendon (Android Expert)
Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Oreo 8.0)
by handsome_yeti
Explorer

Thanks for the quick response....and that wasn't the answer I was expecting! Better get the phone back and into store.

cheers

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Follow Book a device in for repair

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by handsome_yeti
Explorer

just checked the paperwork again and the warranty is Dated as STARTING March 1st 2016 (when I got the phone), not ending 1st March 2018....am I right in assuming it's a 2 year warranty though? Just assuming this as they fixed it 4 months ago under warranty?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @handsome_yeti LG devices purchased from EE direct come with a two year warranty. If your paperwork states the warranty start date as 01/03/2016 then it is covered until 01/03/2018

by handsome_yeti
Explorer

thank you!

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You are welcome. The community is here anytime if there is anything else you would like to know.

Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.