by Jorrow
Explorer

Replacing damaged phone on damage cover at the end of my contract

My 24 month contract came to an end 2 weeks ago I was planing on going with a Sim only plan with a different company. But yesterday I dropped my phone and smashed the screen and the charging port isn't working correctly. So my question is can I still get it replaced using my EE damage cover I know that I will have to pay an excess but other than that will it have any effect on me ending my contract with EE. If I can do that how long will the replacement of my old phone take P.s the phone is a galaxy s6 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Maestro
Maestro
Solution

Re: Replacing damaged phone on damage cover at the end of my contract

As long as you have not yet switched to SIM only and are still paying your monthly insurance premium, you can still make a claim.

Once you switch to SIM only though, you will no longer be able to keep your EE insurance and hence you will no long be able to make any further claims.

2 REPLIES
by Maestro
Maestro
Solution

As long as you have not yet switched to SIM only and are still paying your monthly insurance premium, you can still make a claim.

Once you switch to SIM only though, you will no longer be able to keep your EE insurance and hence you will no long be able to make any further claims.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jorrow and welcome to the community.

If you have not moved over to SIM only as @Chris_B has mentioned and your insurance is still valid you should be able to successfully make a claim.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.