by Luigidan Investigator
Investigator

My galaxy s6 edge is not turning on or showing any signs of life

Please help! I'm still paying monthly for my s6 edge. It decided it didn't want to charge and now is unresponsive to anything I.e. holding vol down and power...... holding vol up power and home.....

5 REPLIES 5
by Luigidan Investigator
Investigator

Re: My galaxy s6 edge is not turning on or showing any signs of life

Bought new leads yesturday. They work fine on partners phone. Looks like I'll be taking it to a repair shop later. Thanks for the help
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @Luigidan,

Welcome to the community,

How long have you had the phone? It sounds like the battery needs replacing for one, but if it will not charge and turn on while plugged in to the power, then make sure that your power cable is working, as it should switch on when plugged in, at least.

If there is no signs of life, then if there is a repair shop near where you live, then take it in there and they should be able to tell you whether it is repairable and how much it will cost, and if it is only the battery that needs replacing, then that is what they can do.

By the way, do you have another plug and and cable to see if it will charge at all? If the battery is flat and it is not charging, then you will not be able to do anything, but take it in to get it checked.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Luigidan

Welcome to the community.

Have you tried a different charger and plug socket?

If you plug the the USB cable into a PC, does it recognise the device?

Chris

by Luigidan Investigator
Investigator

Turns out my charging port is knaffed. Repair shop wanted 65 bucks for half hours work. Bought the part for 20 and will give it a go myself when it arrives
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Luigidan Let us know how you get on whether you managed to fix it.

This happened with one of my phones a few years ago, and as it was a Nokia Lumia, which Microsoft had taken over, it had to be sent to Microsoft for them to sort it out, not sure whether it was done under warranty, as it is several years ago now.                                                                                                    

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.