by baldric131 Investigator
Investigator

LG G5 Issues

wanted to talk about the LG G5 phone.

First off ive noticed when using the lg g5 and i put in a sd card it does not work will ask me to format fine, i format then it says its corrupt and to format it, this can go on up to 10 times then it works day down the road corrupt again.  BTW this was 4 yes 4 brand new SD cards different sizes 32 and 64 gig so im guessing not the SD card.

Then trying to turn on the phone when the screen has gone off i have to leave on screen display on to double tap the screen cos if i try to use the fingerprint scanner to unlock it, well it does not work most of the time, and will end up having to reset or hold the power button down till the power off menu comes up.  pain in the back side to say the least.

Then when using the phone ill be in a call with another person, line goes silent and then after 30 seconds to 2 mins ill hear hello on the other end, ive had calls drop cos of it, all i hear in this time is dead air nothing there like the call is not there, till it comes back i have to appologize, before someone says this is not from wifi calling as it happens with both it on and with it off.

I contacted LG about this and they asked me to send the phone in to them which i did and told me it was repaired and sent it back note inside said it was a faulty motherboard, so got the phone back just 2 days ago sd card not working again cant turn on the phone with the fingerprint scanner again and just had a phone call were it dropped and came back again.

Have contacted LG and they said they will take it back and have another look and repair it as its under warrenty but i think EE as im under contract should step in as LG will only repair it and nothing else will EE replace the whole phone or swap it for another ? as i have another year left on my contract

3 REPLIES
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: LG G5 Issues

Hi @baldric131

Have you tried backing up your phone and performing a master reset?

This may help with the multiple problems that you have reported with your phone:-

From the home screen, tap Settings >>> Under the General tab, scroll to and tap Backup & reset >>> Scroll to and tap Factory data reset >>> Tap RESET PHONE >>> Tap Delete all >>> Tap RESET.

Please let me know how you get on.

Chris

by baldric131 Investigator
Investigator

i wish it was that simple but yes i have tried this several times from the main menu and from the power on way too even using lg bridge ect all up todate ect

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for confirming, @baldric131

I've sent you a private message asking for some more information.

Could you take a look and get back to me please?

Thanks

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.