Highlighted
by Megansnowx Investigator
Investigator

Iphone XR keeps Restarting and phone calls are unclear for receivers. why?

My iPhone is only 2 months old - dispite this since having it every phone call made every receiver has complained of rustling sounds so I have opted to only talk on hands free or via head sets. I was told to RE SET my phone as there was a 'bug' from a previous IOS update and back it up with I cloud which I thought fixed the issue.

However my phone will reboot by itself - turn off and on by itself - the rustly sounds are still apperently there and it disconnects from wifi when it pleases. I do not know what to do and it's not like I use it regularly or have much on it.

What should I do as I havent had the phone long at all.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: Iphone XR keeps Restarting and phone calls are unclear for receivers. why?

Thank you so much for the responses.

I seeked all bits of advice and went to apple - got a immidiate replacement free of charge under warranty as it was a manufacturer issue so I would advice anyone experiencing similar issues to do so as well.

5 REPLIES 5
by Legend
Legend

Hi @Megansnowx

Does this happen when you are connected to voice over WiFi? When connected to 4G or both?

Can you try restoring your device again on iTunes.

If this continues then either take your device into Apple or any EE store for them to send it away for repair.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

I can be using the phone in the middle of a quick response to a message and the screen will go blank with the little circle timer as if the phone is turning off and then it switched back on.

or it will reset automatically when travelling to work and so on. I will literally not touch the phone at all for all of this to happen.

think I’ll venture to town tomorrow and get it sorted.

thank you 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Megansnowx

Thanks for coming to the community.

Since the phone is so new I'd recommend making an appointment with Apple.

Alternatively you could go into your local EE Store and they would be able to send the phone away to be repaired.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Jon

Investigator
Solution

Thank you so much for the responses.

I seeked all bits of advice and went to apple - got a immidiate replacement free of charge under warranty as it was a manufacturer issue so I would advice anyone experiencing similar issues to do so as well.

by
EE Community Support Team

That's great @Megansnowx!

Thank you for coming back to let us know 🙂

I'm glad you got a new phone and I hope others can use your advice to help them if they have a similar problem.

Jon 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.