by SouthCJ
Explorer

How come I receive 2 different answers/outcomes regarding my faulty Pixel?

Long story short my Pixel 1 (only 9 months old) started presenting the well documented and acknowledged by Google Pixel mic/speaker issues.  By all accounts it is a soldering issue on the very first batch and Google advised all handsets presenting this problem to be replaced.

So, I went to my local EE store who were very friendly and sent phone off to repairs.  I then receive a short and rather curt standard email from repairs stating my phone is out of warranty due to water damage and a link to 'purchase a new handset'... Seriously!?!  I have never had any incidents with liquids (toilet, bath, sink etc) other than reasonable use in standard English weather.  I explained this but to no avail and the handset was returned not repaired.  I contacted Google who sent me relevant forms to return handset to them and within 3 days had a replacement handset.

I am aboslutely disgusted how EE and Google can be so polar opposite.  Anyway, I now have a new handset which works perfectly but with NO THANKS TO EE.  Shocking service and attempt to wriggle out of a manufacturer acknowledgedhardware issue.  Rest assured EE once my contract is up it will be goodbye and on to someone that treats its customers with a little more respect.

2 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How come I receive 2 different answers/outcomes regarding my faulty Pixel?

@SouthCJ  This is just a public forum we can not answer questions that a specific to your device and issues that this device is having.  

But I guess the EE technicians took it apart I noticed that the lithium paper has indicated it got wet/damp  and Google just probably swapped it and didn’t take it apart.  

And seeing as the warranty is supplied by Google that’s where you should be going in the first place 

by SouthCJ
Explorer

Re: How come I receive 2 different answers/outcomes regarding my faulty Pixel?

Thanks for clarifying however technically (and legally) the responsibility lies with the retailer in the first instance.  Anyway, doesn't matter now Google replaced handset w/o question other than perhaps highlighting to anyone...

1. with similar Pixel issue to not accept an outcome you do not agree with and

2. that Google's customer care is infinitely better than EEs and can only suggest they take some notes

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.