by NaNaNiiiall

Galaxy S9+ pixels green and flickering. Can't find anything online.

Yesterday at around 19:45 my phone was locked on my desk when it started flickering. It fixed itself after about 15 minutes, however it occurred again when I woke up today.

It looks like every pixel is either red, green, or blue at random, with most of them being green.. They are continually flickering and there is a flickering white bar at the bottom where I can occasionally see my lock screen. The always on display occassionally shows where it should, but not always.

The phone seems to be functioning exactly as normal in all other regards, I still get notifications, it charges, my alarms go off. I think the screen sensors are all in order too, even though the display shows things only briefly at the bottom.

I have tried soft resets, however I cannot try anything else as they require visual confirmation on the phone, which I can't get. After looking, I haven't seen anything about this particular problem online.

Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Galaxy S9+ pixels green and flickering. Can't find anything online.

@NaNaNiiiall  You can go to a store and they will send the device off to be looked at or you can contact Samsung.   

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @NaNaNiiiall

Welcome to the community.

If you follow our online repair tool for your device problem this will give you a few things to try and if these don't fix your problem, you will have some repair options.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @NaNaNiiiall

Contact Samsung support direct and claim from your warranty. It sounds like your digitizer is on its way out. You should ensure you back up your device in case it fails

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.