by ukbrad Investigator
Investigator

EE refuse to fix my phone, even though it's under warranty?

Read more
Read more
Hi. I sent my phone of to be repaired.  I have had it for no more than a year and it is still in warranty.  I just received a phone called saying it is beyond economical repair as it is the motherboard,  but as I have slightly cracked my screen my warrant  is void?!? I can't comprehend this.  I bought a contract phone as I needed a reliable phone with warranty  which has been completely voided because my phone screen (like most ) has a slight crack in the corner. A completely Un related problem.  Is there anything I can do to appeal this?

12 REPLIES
by Maestro
Maestro

Re: EE refuse to fix my phone, even though it's under warranty?

Unfortunately warranty doesn't cover accidental damage, it never has done. That's what insurance is for.

It sounds like you have dropped your handset at least once at some point?

Most handsets now also contain various sensors inside them which can determine accidental damage i.e. if the handset has been dropped or got wet etc.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ukbrad

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear about your phone.

If the phone has been damaged, it would not be covered under warranty.

If you're unhappy with the way your repair was handled, I recommend getting in touch with our customer service team to discuss this further.

Chris

by ukbrad Investigator
Investigator

: EE refuse to fix my phone, even though it's under warranty?

I am not asking for the screen to be fixed, this was the accidental damage. But the motherboard has not lasted the length of the contract. This is nothing I have done, yet you refuse to fix when it is clearly a manufacturing  fault. 

by

Re: : EE refuse to fix my phone, even though it's under warranty?

I understand your frustration, @ukbrad.

If you would like to make a complaint regarding this, you can find information on how to do so on our ways to complain help and support page.

Chris

by ukbrad Investigator
Investigator

What good would that do. I want to know if there's anything else I can do

by Grand Master
Grand Master

by ukbrad Investigator
Investigator

It is a Google Pixel 

by

Hi @ukbrad

Have you tried contacting Google directly in regards to your repair?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ukbrad  If google/EE do repair the device you will be charged to have the screen fixed.  As the screen could get more broken when the device is taken apart.  No repair centre will only fix the motherboard.  

Beyond  economical repair means it’ll cost more to fix the device then what the device is worth.   But a warranty is still in warranty regardless of the cost to repair.  

by ukbrad Investigator
Investigator

Thank you I shall try this.

by ukbrad Investigator
Investigator

You are missing the point completely.

I got a 24 month contract phone, to last me 24 months. The mother board has packed up after 11 months through no fault of my own, and they refuse to fix.

Even if they wanted me to pay for the screen I would be more than happy to, the fact of the matter is the phone has faulty hardward and is no unusable, so now I have to continue to pay for the contract for another 13 months with no phone because it is has stopped working.

by

Hi @ukbrad

Please let us know you get on.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.