Highlighted
by Hemphiz Investigator
Investigator

"Number swap"

I recently requested a number from giffgaff to EE (keep my giffgaff number) by talking to a representative. I had a text message on the 24th to say the number swap was successful but when I dial the giffgaff number I wanted to keep it simply says it's unavailable. When I check my number via *#*#4636#*#* it says the number is still the temporary number... I need my original number. Regards

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Hemphiz Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: "Number swap"

System seem a go now. Although my number still states its the temporary number I can now RECEIVE CALLS. So I'm happy now. Problem solved.. Whatever it was 

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Hemphiz wrote:

I recently requested a number from giffgaff to EE (keep my giffgaff number) by talking to a representative.

In this talk did you give the PAC you got from GiffGaff to the rep?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Hemphiz.

Welcome to the community 🙂

Have you restarted the phone since you had a message to say it was successful?

Who was the message from?

Jon

by Hemphiz Investigator
Investigator

Yes, all was done over the phone. My phone number is blank but when I text 150 with "number" it's telling me my number is the one I want ported so something seems to be happening

by Hemphiz Investigator
Investigator

Many, many times

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Hemphiz

I am sorry to hear this has still not completed. 

What mobile phone are you using?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by Hemphiz Investigator
Investigator
Solution

System seem a go now. Although my number still states its the temporary number I can now RECEIVE CALLS. So I'm happy now. Problem solved.. Whatever it was 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Where'd you get the *#*#4636#*#* from? It does nowt on my S8.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.