Highlighted
by Hemphiz Investigator
Investigator

"Number swap"

I recently requested a number from giffgaff to EE (keep my giffgaff number) by talking to a representative. I had a text message on the 24th to say the number swap was successful but when I dial the giffgaff number I wanted to keep it simply says it's unavailable. When I check my number via *#*#4636#*#* it says the number is still the temporary number... I need my original number. Regards

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Hemphiz Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: "Number swap"

System seem a go now. Although my number still states its the temporary number I can now RECEIVE CALLS. So I'm happy now. Problem solved.. Whatever it was 

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Hemphiz wrote:

I recently requested a number from giffgaff to EE (keep my giffgaff number) by talking to a representative.

In this talk did you give the PAC you got from GiffGaff to the rep?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Hemphiz.

Welcome to the community 🙂

Have you restarted the phone since you had a message to say it was successful?

Who was the message from?

Jon

by Hemphiz Investigator
Investigator

Yes, all was done over the phone. My phone number is blank but when I text 150 with "number" it's telling me my number is the one I want ported so something seems to be happening

by Hemphiz Investigator
Investigator

Many, many times

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Hemphiz

I am sorry to hear this has still not completed. 

What mobile phone are you using?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by Hemphiz Investigator
Investigator
Solution

System seem a go now. Although my number still states its the temporary number I can now RECEIVE CALLS. So I'm happy now. Problem solved.. Whatever it was 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Where'd you get the *#*#4636#*#* from? It does nowt on my S8.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.