by kingy1234 Investigator
Investigator

my PAC code hasn't worked

I have twe sons that got new mobile phones for Xmas including EE contracts. I got the PAC codes for their old contracts from Tesco and filled in the EE online form twice to port over their old numbers. This was all done on Christmas Day. One sons phone ported across on 27 December but the 2nd sons is still waiting. I have filled in the online form again to make sure. Is there any way of easily checking the status of the request?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: my PAC code hasn't worked

@kingy1234: You've hardly given them enough time; 2 working days between a Bank Holiday & a weekend at a busy time.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@kingy1234 have the other network sim still got service ?

Investigator

Yes, I agree that two days isnt long but I did both PAC codes within seconds of each other and both were ready to port over from the same network (Tesco). One ported over on the first working day back from the holidays (27 December) and the other is still waiting after another two days. I am wanting to check that it is in progress as my younger son had the telephone and despite me telling him to switch it off each night I am not sure if he has. If he hasn't and I need to do something, I want to make sure i get it all done within the 30 days allowed to port over.

The old telephone number is still working on his old telephone but I have switched that one off just in case.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Your other son was lucky. 2 working days is the target when the request is submitted on a B.H. or w/end but as I said this is a busy time & it is not surprising it has lapsed. I'm sure you'll get it done within the 30 days allowed, certainly by Wed 2nd.

Unfortunately there is no way of tracking its progress other than phoning CS & enquiring.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@kingy1234 to check the the status of the port you will need to ring 150 or 0800 956 6000 from a landline.

Investigator

Thanks Dai 🙂

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I got told yesterday by the last person I spoke to that they have had issues with pac codes.

But like I said in my thread I got told different info from 3 different advisors 

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@BrendonH normally 99% of ports complete without any issues but it does cause a headache when it does go wrong.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.