cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

is it correct? can anyone answer it?

Master-Rocket
Investigator
Investigator

Hi everyone 

I just recently spoken to one of EE staff over the phone about getting my pac code to move to another network.  my contract end on the 27 July which is around 1 month. 

He told me if I want to get my pac code I needed to wait until the 27th of July otherwise I will be charged for this month and next month bill ??

As far as I could remembered from last couple of time of transferring my number to another network, I could requested the pac code from 30 days before my contract ended without extra charged.  

so for example : 

my current contract with EE is ending on the 27th of July. which I thought I could request a pac code on the 27th of June ( 30 days before the end of my contract ) without being charge extra.

Can anyone please give me some advice please. 

Many thanks 

Master-Rocket 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Master-Rocket 

As long as you are at the end of your minimum term when the PAC is used, you do not get charged the 30 day notice period, so you don't have to request the pac 30 days before, you can do it a few days before. 

OFCOM banned networks from charging notice periods when outside of minimum terms if you use a PAC or STAC.

I would not request a PAC that expires on the day you expect to use it, and there's no benefit either. If something goes wrong the PAC expires and could cause an issue somewhere, and as I said, you won't pay for both EE and the new contract once you use the PAC anyway.

Does that help?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
chistery
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Master-Rocket 

As long as you are at the end of your minimum term when the PAC is used, you do not get charged the 30 day notice period, so you don't have to request the pac 30 days before, you can do it a few days before. 

OFCOM banned networks from charging notice periods when outside of minimum terms if you use a PAC or STAC.

I would not request a PAC that expires on the day you expect to use it, and there's no benefit either. If something goes wrong the PAC expires and could cause an issue somewhere, and as I said, you won't pay for both EE and the new contract once you use the PAC anyway.

Does that help?

Thanks for the replied n advice 

master-rocket