cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Want to buy a handset during lockdown

Silvia11
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I broke my phone and would like to buy a new handset from EE. I am on a pay monthly contract, but I would like to buy my phone outright (not be tied to a 24 month contract). Can I buy a new handset on the EE website (as all the EE shops are closed during lockdown)? If I buy a PAYG handset, will I be able to put my sim card in the handset to retain my phone number? Many thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

@Silvia11 I recommend you start again as you’ve probably clicked something saying your changing networks.   Not everyone purchasing a device will of had a phone before so this wouldn’t be possible for those people. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Silvia11

Thanks for coming back to us.

Do you get the option to enter your delivery details before you get asked for the PAC?

Could you try clearing your cookies and cache, and open the EE Shop in a new web browser to place the order?

Leanne.

Hi @Leanne_T

thank you for your reply. Yes I got the option to enter my delivery details, and i have entered them.

I just tried to place the same order in a different browser (my partner suggested the same approach) and got the same error message. Although it doesn't actually say that I need to enter my PAC number - it just gives an error message in red that say "Must be at least 2 characters long, and must only contain letters and spaces." - but it doesn't highlight any field. I am filling in all the mandatory fields, so i assumed it was referring to the PAC number. But it looks like it could be a bug?

I am a bit upset because now when I log into myEE it says I am no longer eligible for upgrade (which I was before - but I wanted to buy a handset outright), and I wonder if that's because I requested a PAC by text message (but I haven't used the PAC as I was afraid of my contract being cancelled).

thanks again.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Silvia11

Thanks for coming back to me.

I am sorry to hear you are getting an error message, if you give us a call our sales team will be able to help you get the phone ordered.

The PAC will be valid for 30 days if you have had this sent to you, after this your upgrade details should show again for you if this has not been used.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.